POTS - and we are welcomed to another Ehlers Danlos Syndrome partner in crime

For me to research later : http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30
For my own experience, I had symptoms of POTS in my growing teen years and into my early 20s and now it is completely gone (well, pretty much - so long as I eat and drink properly). So, my hope is that for my daughter, this will be something she outgrows. Also, I hope that fainting is something she can avoid by recognizing how to treat POTS as well as how to more safely and how to recognize signs.
More research to do, but we'll take any help we can get. We don't want our fragile girl dropping to the ground due to this. She had a black out session yesterday, but it was very short, and she was sitting. First steps, we'll be increasing fluids, electrolytes, and doing some additional reading and research!
Again, very hopeful she has a mild version of this to deal with, as her mom and aunts did.

No comments:

Post a Comment